SOMETIMES ALL WE HAVE IS WHAT WE KNOW
So many of us have had to face some things that are so overwhelming that we would just like to go away, or vise versa. Many times the ones we were depending upon seem to just vanish or cannot be found, so the only thing that seems to hold us together is WHAT WE KNOW FOR A FACT.
By that, I mean…..we cannot FEEL VERY MUCH, except for what we don’t wish to. In those dark and frustrating times when nothing seems to be going our way, we never seem to have enough cash, very few answers and even PRAYING does not seem very appealing. Friends seem so far away, talk seems shallow and not very helpful, even our own thoughts seem to attack us. So what can we do? Go back to the basics: WHAT WE KNOW
JUST WHAT DO WE KNOW THAT CAN HELP AND HOLD US TOGETHER WHEN LIFE SEEMS TO PULL US APART?
- We know that GOD LOVES US, will not ever walk away from us.
- Nothing happens to us without HIS PERMISSION.
- WHAT HE HAS BEGUN IN US, HE WILL FINISH.
- I am not ALONE.
- I am watched daily by MY FRIEND, HIS ANGELS and ARMY and nothing CAN SEPARATE ME FROM HIS LOVE.
- I know when I fall - I shall arise, for GOD IS FOR ME. With this knowledge, I cannot fail for long.
- I know the BLOOD OF JESUS is more powerful than my sins, Satan and all of his snares.
- I have an open invitation to THE THRONE OF GRACE.
So, it does not matter if I mess up, for HE LOVES ME AND PROVIDES A WAY OF PARDON AND FREEDOM. I know I am not smart enough to make it, so GOD HAS ASSISTED ME WITH HIS WORD AND SPIRIT, until the END and also help along the way.
Sometimes I wish I could JUST FEEL SOMETHING, but OFTEN I am locked up with JUST THE STUFF I KNOW………..but for me, this has been enough for these many years.
I know…FAITHFUL IS HE WHO HAS CALLED ME, HE WILL GO WITH ME UNTO THE END. No matter how long it takes to arrive there.
~ Rev. Jeff Arnold
Five More Minutes – Book Two (105)